Nozzles for the Waste Management Industry
BETE supplies high-quality nozzles worldwide for a variety of waste management operations. Our clients in this industry include companies who run wastewater treatment plants (WWTP), landfills, and incinerators. BETE has been trusted for decades to provide a large catalog of reliable standard products to optimize performance and minimize waste in many applications. We also specialize in custom nozzle solutions tailored for specific customer needs. Whether you are looking for nozzles made for foam control, tank mixing, evaporative disposal, cooling or another application, our engineers have the expertise needed to find the perfect match for you.
Contact us today to speak with our experienced sales personnel or engineers and we can help you find the best nozzle solution for your needs, be it from our line of standard products or a custom solution. BETE personnel will use their extensive experience, coupled with specific analysis tools, to size the right nozzle for optimal performance in your situation. Our team provides prompt delivery and service along with real technical, engineering, and problem solving advice.
Common Nozzle Applications in Waste Management
- Evaporative disposal
- Dispose of excess water/chemical solution through evaporation, usually over a large pond
- Foam control
- Nozzles are used to break up foam that can cause issues with tank overflow, drainage, etc.
- Tank mixing
- Mixing and blending tank contents
- Homogenize sediment off tank bottom to aid in transportation and filtration
- Sweeping solids across the bottom of the tank
- Prevent thermal stratification
- Dust control
- Conveyor and transfer points
- Wetting the surface of material on conveyors with spray nozzles to prevent dust during transportation
- Using spray nozzles to wet material at transfer points where generation of dust is highest and material exposure is greatest
- Truck loading and unloading
- Loading and unloading of trucks creates dust which can be mitigated by using spray nozzles to reduce airborne dust and to wet material to minimize dust formation
- Misting nozzles are often combined with fans or blowers to provide greater coverage and extended reach with the small droplet sizes that are ideal for dust control
- Feed nozzles
- Disposal of material through incineration
- High flow rates with effective atomization to aid in burn efficiency
- Wear and temperature resistant materials are commonly used (Cobalt Alloy 6, 310SS, 321SS, 347SS, etc.)
- Gas cooling/quenching nozzles
- Hot gases coming off incinerator/process may need to be cooled before entering the atmosphere or downstream equipment such as a scrubber, bag house, etc.
- Smaller droplets created by spiral, misting, or air atomizing nozzles increase surface area and heat absorption
- Gas scrubbing
- Odor control
- Liquids can be sprayed to mask or chemically alter the smell of products, waste, process streams, or exhaust gas
- Packed bed scrubbers
- Venturi scrubbing
- A form of gas scrubbing in which the gas passes through a narrowed section of ducting where high velocities help to ensure thorough mixing and contact between the gas and scrubbing fluid