Spray Nozzle Careers at BETE:
Use creativity and engineering skills to design products for customers with fluid spray processes problems in a diverse range of critical industrial processes. Implement product and process improvements to improve product lines and support world class quality manufacturing and customer service at a dynamic and growing company.
- Work on the full scope of the product design process as a member of the Design team and interact with customers, Sales, Applications Engineering, Quality, R&D, and Manufacturing to create innovative design solutions for customers' spray process problems in the fast paced fluids industry
- Provide technical product line expertise to support manufacturing processes such as CNC machining of polymers and alloys, investment casting and welding of a range of alloys
- Develop prototypes, analyze test data, create design documents, and make design change recommendations for new and existing products
- Standardize and improve product lines and design processes using engineering principles
- Utilize equipment such as a rapid prototype machine, coordinate measurement machine and water spray lab to expand the technical design basis for BETE products
- Ability to interact with people and communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work as a team member
- Creativity, initiative and problem solving using engineering skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with 3D CAD packages (AutoDesk Inventor preferred) and MS office software
- Demonstrated proficiency with design practices and manufacturing processes applied to product design for manufacturing
- Ability to identify process improvements and solve technical problems
- Understanding of fluid dynamics, R&D, and CAD/CAM manufacturing is a plus
- Experience with pressure piping codes and standards, such as ASME B31.3, and design of welded assemblies is a plus
- Experience with design of control systems is a plus
- Fluids background is a plus
- Four year degree in an engineering or science discipline or equivalent professional experience
1st Shift Foundry - floating position
Interested individuals will be prepared to learn and maintain the necessary skills to manufacture product in the pouring area, the shell room, breakout, and wax room. Core hours are 6 am-2:30 pm but must be flexible to alter hours if needed.
General foundry requirements:
- Follow written and verbal instructions from lead people.
- Follow written instructions including auxiliary data on the EDA job ticket and work procedures.
- Maintain and organize accurate paperwork.
- Must be able to wear N95 respirator.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds as needed.
- Meet all applicable safety requirements.
- Adapt well to changing priorities.
- Make accurate part transfers within our ERP system. Keep accurate part counts.
- Notify lead people or supervisors of anything that may adversely affect part quality or the ability to ship an order on time.
- Ability to follow ERP software schedule as prioritized in the department job queue screen.
- Slurry testing and maintenance procedures.
- Follow shell building procedures as written or directed.
- Must be able to work in close proximity to an electrical induction coil.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to work safely around molten metal.
- Follow written and verbal instructions from lead people.
- Be able to obtain MA State Department of Safety "Special to Operate" boiler's license and safely operate the Autoclave de-waxing system using a high pressure steam boiler.
- Must be able to meticulously segregate material by alloy.
- Keep jobs identified throughout the breakout process.
- Show the ability to cut parts off gating without damaging parts with current equipment.
- Must be able to belt remaining gate from parts without damaging them.
- Run the A.W.Bell hydraulic assisted belt sander.
- Gain understanding of the wax material code procedure and its relationship to heat treating procedures.
- Be able to learn to run the high temp heat treat furnace.
- Ability to safely work with KOH salt tank for shell removal.
- When directed by the supervisor you will also be available to the wax room.
CNC Machinist - 2nd & 3rd Shifts
- The individuals should possess the ability, aptitude, and desire to succeed in a participative team environment.
- Demonstrate initiative and self-motivational qualities
- Has a receptive attitude toward innovative/non-traditional manufacturing concepts
- Operate and set up CNC machine tools
- Utilize gages and test equipment to ensure part quality
- Blue print/engineering drawing interpretation
- Respect and follow safety rules and work practices
If you meet these requirements and are interested in working for a very well-established, successful, and progressive company, please submit your resume to:
BETE Fog Nozzle, Inc.
50 Greenfield Street
Greenfield, MA 01301
BETE offers a competitive benefits package including 401k with company match; profit sharing; bi-annual bonuses; health, dental, and life insurances; generous paid time off; 11 1/2 paid holidays; on-site fitness facility; and annual fall company outing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
BETE is renowned for its technical expertise in spray technology. Established in 1950, we have expanded from one patented nozzle on which the company was founded to a full-service, global supplier of spray technology. BETE continues to grow, as a family owned company, developing and producing its products at our company headquarters and manufacturing plant in Greenfield, Massachusetts, USA.
Spray nozzles play a critical, and many times unheralded, role to optimize a wide variety of industrial processes by saving energy, enhancing life safety, improving process efficiency, and making a multitude of ordinary and unique products possible. Spray nozzles are used in almost every industry, including refineries, power plants, mining, steel making, chemical plants, pulp and paper, and food production. Spray nozzle applications in these industries are even more varied, which is why over 50% of our products are designed and manufactured as custom solutions. This level of customization is possible as design, manufacturing, and testing are all in one location.
Our long-term view of growth is built on expanding our technology and translating it to customer needs. BETE is appreciated by our customers for our high quality products, responsive customer service, and innovative technical expertise.