Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) Mist Eliminator Wash
Remove contamination from mist eliminator profiles
BETE FGD Technical Manual (PDF - 1 MB)
BETE FGD Brochure (PDF - 755 KB)
BETE provides nozzles for every part of flue gas desulfurization (FGD) systems, including FGD mist eliminator nozzles. After the absorber nozzles in the system spray the reagent into flue gas, very small droplets of that reagent will get entrained in the process stream. Mist eliminators prevent these small droplets from escaping from the tower. However, the limestone carried in the droplets can build up on the mist eliminator. Spray headers use nozzles to help rinse away limestone deposits, reducing scaling and fouling.
The mist eliminator nozzles must be selected with respect to the mist eliminator and gas velocity in order to function efficiently. BETE engineers are experienced with the calculations to match these nozzles to your FGD system needs.Common Designs and Specifications:
- Common Nozzle Types: whirl
- Common Spray Patterns: Full Cone
- Common Materials: Stainless Steel, Nickel Alloy, Polypropylene
- Preferred BETE models: NC, MaxiPass, WL
- Important factors to consider: coverage, gas velocity, distance from nozzle to mist eliminator surface, mounting orientation
- Our experienced engineers can help determine which nozzle is best for your application.
- Coal and other fossil fuel power plants
- Petroleum refineries
- Municipal waste Incinerators
- Cement kilns and metal smelters