N Fire Protection Spiral Spray Nozzle
Open Performance Data Table - US units (PDF - 96 KB)
Open Performance Data Table - SI/Metric units (PDF - 468 KB)
N spray nozzles are FM approved - US units (PDF - 123 KB)
N spray nozzles are FM approved - SI/Metric units (PDF - 123 KB)
Download the BETE Fire Protection Brochure (PDF - 1.4MB)
Design Features of the N Fire Protection Spiral Spray Nozzle
- Simplicity of design
- One-piece/no internal parts
- Three standard pipe sizes—½", 1" and 1½"
- Male connection
- Factory Mutual, U.S. Coast Guard and Lloyd's Register approved models
- All N1-N3W nozzles provided with integral strainer
Strainer material: 316SS
24 mesh (0.027" opening)
- Two spray cones—an outer, wide angle cone and a narrower inner cone—combine to give Full Cone effect
Spray angles: 90° and 120° standard
Flow rates: 3.0 to 534 gpm (9.67 to 1720 L/min)
Fire Protection Approved
This BETE high-efficiency spiral was designed specifically with critical fire and explosion suppression applications in mind. These nozzles feature superior performance unequalled by traditional whirl nozzles.
Superior Performance Characteristics
- Sprays composed on droplets 30% to 50% smaller than conventional designs at equivalent pressures
- Extraordinarily large surface area of spray enhances evaporation and cooling
- Rugged, compact design
- Multiple concentric cone spray, unique to spiral pattern, maximizes contact
Superior Fire/Loss Prevention Applications
- Gas wellhead protection
- Offshore platform protection
- Safeguarding ship-borne cargo
- Storage tank protection
- Secondary explosion protection in explosive, dusty environments
- Mitigation of HF and other toxic gas releases
Standard Materials: Brass and 316 Stainless Steel.
Nickel aluminum bronze recommended for salt water applications.
Also available in titanium and other materials on request.
N series covers are available in Brass or 304 Stainless Steel.
Full Cone 90°
Full Cone 120°