The DUR O LOK® Wedge System
The heart of the DUR O LOK® design is the system of wedge-shaped, circumferential teeth located on the outside diameter of the hubs and on the inside diameter of the mating split coupler. The wedging action of the teeth compresses the gasket and brings the hub ends into contact with each other. The outside diameter of the split coupler is tapered. A ring with a tapered inside diameter slides over the split coupler ring segments, forcing them together and holding them firmly in place. The tapered retaining ring is secured with a set screw. The entire connection process can be accomplished in less than a minute, without wrenches.
The Light Weight, Threadless, Boltless Coupling Alternative
DUR O LOK® couplings are all-purpose, lightweight connectors designed to replace standard ANSI flanges. The design of DUR O LOK® couplings ensures reliable operation over a wide range of temperatures. DUR O LOK® couplings have been used in refinery applications for many years and are specified by UOP for use in CCRTM PlatformingTM, OleflexTM and SorbexTM processing units, as well as in OptimixTM FCC feed nozzles.
The performance superiority, space, and weight provided by DUR O LOK® couplings make them the preferred choice in many pipeconnecting applications.
DUR O LOK® pipe couplings are designed to reduce maintenance, reduce materials costs, and reduce space requirements for pipe racks.
• The DUR O LOK® coupling meets the requirements of the following codes:
-ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII
-ASME B31.1, Code for Pressure Piping
-ASME B31.3, Code for Process Piping
• Compact - length and outside diameter reduced by 30% - 50%, compared to flanges. Allows double the number of pipes per rack. Provides improved external flow distribution for immersed couplings. Reduces shadowing for couplings used in process vessels.
• Light weight - weight reduced by 60% - 90%, compared to flanges
• Simple - Number of parts reduced by 55% - 75% per connection, compared to flanges.
• Fast - Save up to 10-15 minutes to make or break each connection.
• Non-restrictive - Full port inside diameter eliminates pressure drop and allows "pigging".
• Smooth interior bore - Minimizes flow disturbances. Eliminates attrition in catalyst and other solids conveying applications.
• Boltless and threadless - Only safety set screws required. No torque measurements required. No bolt holes to align. No need to tighten connections after thermal cycling. Simplifies painting and insulating.
• Self-energized seal - Sealing force increases with pressure. Less chance of leaks.
• Thermally stable - Design minimizes thermal expansion effects on sealing. Tolerates very rapid changes of external or internal temperatures.
• No interference fits or metal-to-metal sealing - Higher reliability. Less susceptible to damage.