Careers at BETE
Current Openings: Mechanical Systems Engineer, and 3rd shift CNC Machinist(s)
Benefits to working with BETE
BETE offers a competitive benefits pkg. including 401k with company match, profit sharing, bi-annual bonuses, health, dental and life insurance, generous paid time off, 11 1/2 paid holidays, on-site fitness facility, and annual fall company outing.
If you meet the requirements outlined through the position descriptions below and are interested in working for a well-established, successful, and progressive company, submit your resume or download & fill out the employment application above.
BETE Fog Nozzle, Inc.
50 Greenfield Street
Greenfield, MA 01301
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Mechanical Systems Engineer
BETE Fog Nozzle, Inc. is seeking additional help within our Systems & Fabrication team.
BETE’s Systems department is responsible for design, development, sales, and manufacturing of engineered spray systems. These systems serve a variety of functions in the food and beverage, utilities, chemical processing, and tank washing markets, among others. The Systems Engineer provides technical expertise from quoting through commissioning to help deliver the highest quality spray equipment and customer experience. Must have exemplary communication skills and be able to interface with both customers and interdepartmental team members to support the unique and exciting projects that pass through the department.
- Review, organize, and document technical customer requirements.
- Identify spray products and flow control/monitoring equipment to achieve process goals.
- Propose and evaluate spray system designs including specification of spray nozzles, piping, valves, pumps, instrumentation, etc.
- Communicate system requirements to Design Engineering in support of detailed equipment layouts.
- Coordinate with Controls specialist to develop system operating methodologies.
- Prepare supporting systems documentation including but not limited to:
- Equipment lists.
- Process flow and P&ID diagrams.
- Process Narratives.
- Operator/maintenance manuals.
- Functional test reports.
- Communicate directly with customers to understand their technical goals and work towards a proposed spray solution.
- Coordinate with Customer Service to prepare budgetary costing and technical proposals.
- Provide post-quote technical support during contract negotiations.
- Train BETE sales group to understand capabilities and identify applications/markets to pursue.
- Occasional travel to support customers during on-site commissioning of new systems.
- Product development tasks related to the expansion of standard pre-engineered spray systems based on market trends and customer needs.
- Utilize technical expertise to recommend standardization practices for equipment selections and process design guidelines.
- Conduct testing to validate performance targets.
Interpersonal / Communication Skills
- Ability to communicate complex topics in a way that is easily understandable to a wide range of audiences.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Contribute consistently to positive morale.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within set timelines and follow through autonomously; Consistently meet due dates.
- Actively participate in team meetings by asking questions, proposing creative ideas, and giving appreciative and constructive feedback.
- Driven to improve and has a passion to learn new concepts.
Education and Experience
- Self-motivated with the ability to develop effective and creative solutions to technical challenges.
- Ability to conduct and evaluate engineering calculations and to apply the results towards process optimization.
- Ability to learn, retain, and apply both BETE and outside vendor product knowledge.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize a variety of software packages; experience with Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD P&ID, PIPE-FLO® a plus.
- Ability to travel to both domestic and foreign locations.
- B.S. in engineering or related field.
- 3 years minimum experience in engineering of fluid handling equipment, systems, and/or processes.
CNC Machinist, 3rd Shift
BETE Fog Nozzle, Inc. is seeking a skilled individual with a strong working knowledge of Computer Numeric Controlled machinery who are committed to quality, precision, and safety. At BETE, our Machinists manage CNC equipment from setup to operation, producing parts and tools from different resources including metal and plastic. Monitoring machinery, inspecting finished products, and leading test runs. Implement quality procedures and process improvements to support world class quality manufacturing and customer service at a dynamic and growing company.
- Produces machined parts through programming, set-up, and operation of a computer numerical control (CNC) machines.
- Maintaining quality and safety standards.
- Inspecting parts and testing them for function and dimensions using appropriate measuring instruments.
- Make judgement, initiate corrective action and adjust machines as required. Make edits that are assigned by programmer.
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Take responsibility of one’s own work and product loss. Maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Interpersonal / Communication Skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written/verbal directions and work procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a small team.
- Ability to interact with people and communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate as a member.
- Creativity, initiative, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with metrology equipment, mechanical inspection, shop math (trigonometry), and blueprint reading. Additionally, basic computer data entry skills.
- Ability to train level 1 and level 2 operators.
- Proficient in manual/CNC machining applications.
- Ability to identify process improvements, analyze data, and solve problems.
- Experience with a Coordinate Measurement Machine is a plus!
- High School / Trade school diploma or equivalent professional experience.
- Three years’ work experience in CNC manufacturing function.