Ways We Are Keeping Our Team Safe During COVID19
current opportunities with Bete:
Design Engineer, Customer Service Representative, 2nd & 3rd shift, CNC Machine Operator/Set-Up ($18-$22/hr. + 10%-20% shift differential), AND 1st shift, Inventory Control (W.I.P. Clerk)
Benefits to working with BETE
Benefits to working with BETE:
A competitive benefits package that includes: 401(k) Retirement Savings Program (includes 10% company match), Health and Dental Insurance (after 30days), Flexible & Dependent Care Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Company Paid Life Insurance, Vacation Time, Sick/Personal Time, Employee Referral Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Bi-Annual Discretionary Bonuses (June & December), 11 ½ paid holidays, on-site fitness facility, and All Employee Annual Fall Company Outing.
If you have an interest in learning more about us; working for a well-established, successful, and progressive 4th generation family-owned organization here in the Pioneer Valley, we encourage you to submit your resume! Our employment application can be located at the link above, "Download Application". We look forward to hearing from you!
BETE Fog Nozzle, Inc.
50 Greenfield Street
Greenfield, MA 01301
Tel: 413-772-0846 Ext: 194
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
The function of a Design Engineer at BETE utilizes creativity and engineering skills to design products for customers with fluid spray processes problems in a diverse range of critical industrial processes. Implement product and process improvements to improve product lines and support world class quality manufacturing and customer service at a dynamic and growing company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on the full scope of the product design process as a member of the Design team and interact with customers, Sales, Applications Engineering, Quality, R&D and Manufacturing to create innovative design solutions for customers' spray process problems in the fast-paced fluids industry.
- Provide technical product line expertise to support manufacturing processes such as CNC machining of alloys and polymers, investment casting and welding of a range of alloys.
- Develop prototypes, analyze test data, create design documents, and make design change recommendations for new and existing products.
- Identify and implement opportunities to standardize product lines, improve product performance and reduce cost.
- Utilize resources such as advanced spray lab, rapid prototype machine and dedicated machining center to expand the technical design basis for BETE products.
- Ability to interact with people and communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work as a team member within engineering and in interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to write technically including project scopes, experiment summaries, technical basis documents.
- Creativity, initiative and problem-solving using engineering skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with 3D CAD packages (AutoDesk Inventor preferred) and MS office software.
- Demonstrated proficiency with design practices and manufacturing processes applied to design for manufacturing.
- Ability to identify process improvements and solve technical problems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting required due dates and providing high quality output.
- Understanding of fluid dynamics, R&D, and CAD/CAM manufacturing is a plus.
- Experience with pressure piping codes and standards, such as ASME B31.3, and design of welded assemblies is a plus.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution with customers, colleagues, and sales partners.
- Ability to handle multiple task in an efficient manner.
- Advanced understanding of product line.
- Demonstrated confidentiality.
- Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- Four-year degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent professional experience.
Customer service Representative
The function of BETE Customer Service is to provide the necessary services to support the sales process from beginning to end. Customer Service is a core value, and our mission is to exceed customer expectations in every detail. We are looking for a qualified and experienced Customer Service Representative, with a demonstrated aptitude for working with technical, mechanical, and industrial products in a manufacturing environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as first point of contact for Customers
- Answer inbound calls and emails for Quote and Order requests
- Process Inquiries and Orders which often includes working with Quality, Design, and Applications Engineering
- Respond to and process Customer Feedback Cases and Return Authorizations
- Coordinate with the engineering team to provide technical information and solutions
- Determine pricing for standard and special product.
- Have a strong knowledge of all products and services to help the customer
- Monitor order fulfillment and resolve any post-sales issues
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Patience, diplomacy and high attention to detail
- Critical thinking, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work as a team member and garner cross-functional support for projects
- Ability to relate to others in a positive manner with a courteous, confident attitude and a spirit of teamwork
- Proven ability to take initiative
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and complex projects
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency and follow-through
- Ability to quickly learn and apply product knowledge
- Ability to quickly learn and use a variety of software suites
- Ability to use Windows-based operating systems and Microsoft-based software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Working Environment
- Reports to the Sales Operations Manager
- Regularly interacts with cross-department teams as needed
- Corporate office environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution with customers, colleagues, and sales partners
- Ability to handle multiple task in an efficient manner
- Advanced understanding of product line
- Demonstrated confidentiality
- 2+ years of experience in Customer Service
- Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
- Associates degree preferred
2nd & 3rd sHIFT, CNC Machine operator/set up
- $18-$22/hr (+) S/D (+) Paid lunch breaks
Premium shift differentials included: 10% - 2nd shift, on top of base pay
Our CNC Machine Operators possess sound technical knowledge in all areas of machine operation AND set up. Our team is responsible for critically thinking, having a strong understanding of shop mathematics, working with engineering drawings, various types of precision measuring instruments including; verniers, calipers, micrometers, etc., as well as adherence to assembly drawings, and a precise focus on attention to detail. Having a familiarity with “macro programming”, is a plus! Candidates who are looking to enhance their skillset and thrive in a team atmosphere, within a smaller family-owned manufacturer, should contact our Human Resources team for additional details how to apply.
Job Qualifications/Experience & Technical Skills Required:
- 1-3 years’ experience with CNC machinery.
- Operate CNC machines; load and unload parts, minor machine offsets, minor tool changes, measure, and document quality records.
- Ensured specifications compliance of first run piece and spot check succeeding pieces.
- Verify machines settings and programmed control data for accuracy.
- Set controls and regulated speed, feed, coolant flow and angle of cut.
- Work to find the most practical ways to maximize value and time while meeting or exceeding requirements throughout manufacturing.
- Responsible for day-to-day maintaining a clean and organized workstation.
- Work in a safe manner at all times following established policies and procedures.
- Assist in other areas of manufacturing as required.
Pay Range: $18.00-$22.00p/h (depends on experience)
Shift(s): 2nd shift & 3rd shift openings (hours/detail below)
2nd shift: Monday through Friday, 2:00pm-10:00pm & 3rd shift: Sunday through Thursday, 10:00pm-6:00am includes PAID LUNCH BREAKS
Shift Differential: 2nd = 10% of base pay & 3rd = 20% of base pay
1st sHIFT, inventory control (W.i.p. clerk)
Inventory Control provides materials to many areas of the company. Inventory control will maintain and track inventory levels in VLM. Monitor all cycle count programs to ensure accuracy and timely resolutions to inventory discrepancies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform counts and ensure all inventory is accounted for and reported
- Maintain accurate inventory levels to meet customer demand
- Investigate and correct discrepancies (where allowed) in reported quantities and locations of all inventories
- Manage cycle counts of product inventories on a regular basis
- Check date-sensitive products for expiration and facilitate removal or transfer of product as needed
- Train other employees
- Cooperating with and following instructions of his/her supervisor
- Pull W.I.P. from inventory and deliver them to the designated work areas
- Put manufacturing stock parts into the inventory
- Maintain good housekeeping and safety practices
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work as a team members
- Understanding of Material Handling Practices
- Organized and
- Detailed Orientated
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Proper safety precautions, including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), must be followed as dictated by the job and work environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
This job description is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required.
- Lifting to 50lbs occasionally, Keyboarding, Grasping (moderate force), Sitting, Standing, Walking, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Squatting, Reaching, Working Above Shoulders, and Carrying Objects.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar role.