Careers at BETE
Current Openings: Applications Engineer, Manufacturing Customer Service Representative, and Experienced 2nd & 3rd shift CNC Machinist(s)
Benefits to working with BETE
BETE offers a competitive benefits pkg. including 401k with company match, profit sharing, bi-annual bonuses, health, dental and life insurance, generous paid time off, 11 1/2 paid holidays, on-site fitness facility, and annual fall company outing.
If you meet the requirements outlined through the position descriptions below and are interested in working for a well-established, successful, and progressive company, submit your resume or download & fill out the employment application above.
BETE Fog Nozzle, Inc.
50 Greenfield Street
Greenfield, MA 01301
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
A BETE Applications Engineer uses their engineering skills, product design and applications knowledge to assist customers in selecting the best product to improve processes and solve fluid spray challenges. They ensure that technical recommendations meet customer specifications and coordinate the development of custom spraying solutions and fabricated assemblies. They are the technical expert to interface between customers and personnel from all functions of our design and manufacturing process. Applications Engineers promote sales growth in emerging and existing industrial spray nozzle markets and identify and lead new product development projects.
1. Applications Engineering:
- Provide product recommendations to customers, sales representatives, distributors, and customer service representatives based on technical inquiries
- Coordinate applications involving fabricated and special products
- Provide Customer Service with technical information for the preparation of bid packages
- Provide product performance data as requested
- Test products as required
- Follow up with customer to validate successful product applications
- Maintain product and application databases and record customer interactions
- Visit customers and potential customers as required
- Respond with technical assessment of returned product as required
2. Product Development
- Identify the potential for new product development based on customer need
- Manage new product development projects
- Develop tools (analytical, software, etc.) to facilitate tasks
- Assist in the creation and presentation of training packages.
- Train the global BETE sales group on new products and applications
- Assist other departments by communicating information regarding how product applications affect the product(s) being sold or quoted.
- Ability to explain complex topics in an easily understandable way to a wide variety of audiences
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to make presentations to small and large groups
- Ability to define, analyze, and solve technical problems using engineering skills
- Ability to read and understand customer requirements
- Ability to quickly learn, retain, and use product knowledge
- Ability to quickly learn and use a variety of software packages
- Experience with project management
- Ability to train and evaluate others
- Ability to travel
- Fluids background a plus
- Experience with a pressure fabrication code (B31.3, B31.1, BPVC Sec VIII-1, etc.) a plus
Manufacturing Customer Service Representative
BETE is a fourth-generation family-owned company that designs, and manufacturers thousands of different products related to spray process solutions. The function of BETE Customer Service is to provide the necessary services to support the sales process from beginning to end. Customer Service is a core value and our mission is to exceed customer expectations in every detail. We are looking for a qualified and experienced Manufacturing Customer Service Representative, with a demonstrated aptitude for working with technical, mechanical and industrial products in a manufacturing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- First point of contact, customer facing spray solution specialist
- Reviewing and understanding complex and highly detailed customer bids and order contracts
- Negotiating terms and conditions with customers as necessary
- Coordinating with the engineering staff to provide technical information and solutions
- Determine pricing for standard and special nozzles
- Processing complex and detailed orders and bids, which often includes working with Quality, Design, and Applications
- Monitoring order fulfillment and resolving any post-sales issues
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Patience, diplomacy and high attention to detail
- Critical thinking, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work as a team member and garner cross-functional support for projects
- Ability to relate to others in a positive manner with a courteous, confident attitude and a spirit of teamwork
- Proven ability to take initiative
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and complex projects
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency and follow-through
- Ability to quickly learn, retain, and use product knowledge
- Advanced writing skills
- Ability to quickly learn and use a variety of software suites
- Ability to use Windows-based operating systems and Microsoft-based software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
Reports to the Sales Operations Manager
Corporate office environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution with customers, colleagues, and sales partners
- Ability to handle multiple task in an efficient manner
- Advanced understanding of product line
- Demonstrated confidentiality
- 2+ years of experience in Customer Service in a manufacturing setting
- Associates degree preferred
CNC Machinist, 2nd & 3rd Shift
BETE Fog Nozzle, Inc. is seeking a skilled individual with a strong working knowledge of Computer Numeric Controlled machinery who are committed to quality, precision, and safety. At BETE, our Machinists manage CNC equipment from setup to operation, producing parts and tools from different resources including metal and plastic. Monitoring machinery, inspecting finished products, and leading test runs. Implement quality procedures and process improvements to support world class quality manufacturing and customer service at a dynamic and growing company.
- Produces machined parts through programming, set-up, and operation of a computer numerical control (CNC) machines.
- Maintaining quality and safety standards.
- Inspecting parts and testing them for function and dimensions using appropriate measuring instruments.
- Make judgement, initiate corrective action and adjust machines as required. Make edits that are assigned by programmer.
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Take responsibility of one’s own work and product loss. Maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Interpersonal / Communication Skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written/verbal directions and work procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a small team.
- Ability to interact with people and communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate as a member.
- Creativity, initiative, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with metrology equipment, mechanical inspection, shop math (trigonometry), and blueprint reading. Additionally, basic computer data entry skills.
- Ability to train level 1 and level 2 operators.
- Proficient in manual/CNC machining applications.
- Ability to identify process improvements, analyze data, and solve problems.
- Experience with a Coordinate Measurement Machine is a plus!
- High School / Trade school diploma or equivalent professional experience.
- Three years’ work experience in CNC manufacturing function.