Careers at BETE
Current Openings: Maintenance Technician, CNC Machine Operator, & Design Engineer
Benefits to working with BETE
BETE offers a competitive benefits pkg. including 401k with company match, bi-annual bonuses, health, dental and life insurance, generous paid time off, 11 1/2 paid holidays, on-site fitness facility, and annual fall company outing.
If you meet the requirements outlined through the position descriptions below and are interested in working for a well-established, successful, and progressive company, submit your resume or download & fill out the employment application above.
BETE Fog Nozzle, Inc.
50 Greenfield Street
Greenfield, MA 01301
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
The Maintenance Technician provides diagnostic and repair services for manufacturing CNC machines and other process and equipment. Requires an identified core trade skill along with expertise in an additional identified trade skill area necessary to make timely diagnosis and repairs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair of production equipment from basic hydraulic equipment to complex CNC machinery, performing both electrical and mechanical work.
- Inspects condition of equipment and components for proper maintenance under warranty agreements.
- Performs preventive maintenance procedures on a wide variety of electronic, electro-mechanical, and mechanical equipment and production systems.
- Identify faulty equipment and acquire parts and equipment to complete repairs.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain machine tool equipment and controls.
- Ability to use electrical/electronic diagnostic equipment such as multi-meters, infrared scanning equipment and other tools as necessary for servicing applicable equipment.
- Work with contractors and other maintenance personnel if necessary, to ensure repairs are made properly and with minimum impact on operations.
- Communicating accurately, concisely, and professionally with your customer as to important steps taken, parts ordered, and time estimated until completion.
- Order’s replacement components and parts as needed.
- Tracks and logs repair work and completed work orders in maintenance software.
- Cleans and maintains work areas and shop equipment.
- Adhere to Lockout/Tagout and PPE requirements.
- Ability to read part manuals, electrical and mechanical schematics, assembly instructions, technical documents, and troubleshooting guides.
- Work with sense of urgency with machine down conditions.
- Demonstrate high degree of industrial mechanic, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical aptitude, and repair abilities.
- Knowledge of CNC machine design and operation.
- Knowledge of and experience with electrical test equipment, electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as appropriate.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Reading, writing and general math skills.
- Ability to multitask job duties effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work overtime, including weekends as needed and to be on call.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job:
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- Grasping (forceful)
- Working Above Shoulders
- Close Vision Tolerance
- Climbing stairs/ladders
- Carrying objects
- (This job description is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Proper safety precautions, including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), must be followed as dictated by the job and work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar role.
2nd OR 3rd shift, CNC Machinist
The primary role of the CNC Machinist is to create machined parts using precision computer equipment. CNC (computer numerical control) Machinists set up, adjust, and maintain all equipment used in their daily job activities. Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage computer numeric controlled (CNC) equipment from setup to operation, producing parts and tools from different resources including metal and plastic.
- Monitoring machinery, inspecting finished products, and conducting 1st piece inspections.
- Engage in process improvements to support world class quality manufacturing and customer service at a dynamic and growing company.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as required by set-up sheets.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished parts to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks on machines as required.
- Works with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining problems.
- Ability to understand and follow written/verbal directions and work procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a small team.
- Proven ability to take initiative.
- Ability to read and inspect to blueprints using standard tools and gauges.
- Basic computer data entry skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as portability and statistical inference and
- fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as
- fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Reports to the Shift Supervisor
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment, to like new appearance, according to maintenance plans and established procedures.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed and adhered to.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with co-workers and management.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- High school diploma, technical training or equivalent professional experience.
- 1-3 years Vocational Technical experience.
Use creativity and engineering skills to design products for customers with fluid spray processes problems in a diverse range of critical industrial processes. Implement product and process improvements to improve product lines and support world class quality manufacturing and customer service at a dynamic and growing company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on the full scope of the product design process as a member of the Design team and interact with customers, Sales, Applications Engineering, Quality, R&D and Manufacturing to create innovative design solutions for customers' spray process problems in the fast-paced fluids industry
- Provide technical product line expertise to support manufacturing processes such as CNC machining of alloys and polymers, investment casting and welding of a range of alloys
- Develop prototypes, analyze test data, create design documents, and make design change recommendations for new and existing products
- Identify and implement opportunities to standardize product lines, improve product performance and reduce cost.
- Utilize resources such as advanced spray lab, rapid prototype machine and dedicated machining center to expand the technical design basis for BETE products
- Ability to interact with people and communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to work as a team member within engineering and in interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to write technically including project scopes, experiment summaries, technical basis documents.
- Creativity, initiative and problem-solving using engineering skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with 3D CAD packages (AutoDesk Inventor preferred) and MS office software
- Demonstrated proficiency with design practices and manufacturing processes applied to design for manufacturing
- Ability to identify process improvements and solve technical problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting required due dates and providing high quality output
- Understanding of fluid dynamics, R&D, and CAD/CAM manufacturing is a plus
- Experience with pressure piping codes and standards, such as ASME B31.3, and design of welded assemblies is a plus
- Four-year degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent professional experience