Benefits to working with BETE
Benefits to working with BETE:
A competitive benefits package that includes: 401(k) Retirement Savings Program (includes 10% company match), Health and Dental Insurance (after 30days), F
lexible & D
ccounts, Employee Assistance Program, Company Paid Life Insurance, Vacation Time, Sick/Personal Time, Employee Referral Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Bi-Annual Discretionary Bonuses (June & December), 11 ½ paid holidays, and an on-site fitness facility.
If you have an interest in learning more about working for a well-established, successful, and progressive 4th generation family-owned organization here in the Pioneer Valley, we encourage you to submit your resume! Our employment application can be located at the link above, "Download Application". We look forward to hearing from you!
BETE Fog Nozzle, Inc.
50 Greenfield Street
Greenfield, MA 01301
Tel: 413-772-0846 Ext: 194
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Production supervisor, 1st shift
Directly oversees the machining process while organizing personnel schedules to align with the demand of daily production flow. Troubleshooting first-line activity and meeting standards of safety, quality, and required deadlines utilizing resources efficiently to ensure profitability.
Technical Skills / Experience:
- Responsibilities include setting clear expectations that align with the core manufacturing values, purpose, and BETE’s mission.
- Model the behaviors that exemplify the values of creativity, learning, trust, self-respect, and maintain a team-based environment.
- Establish and maintain daily check-ins with each department to keep productivity and morale high while ensuring timely problem solving of bottlenecks.
- Consistently maintain high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products and processes conform to established customer and company quality standards and are in conformance with ISO procedures.
- Ensure that employee new hire orientations include a review of Safety policies, BETE Personnel Policies, relevant hazardous waste communication programs and job specific responsibilities and ensure that you are well versed and current with these policies and procedures.
- Uphold all BETE manufacturing ISO procedures.
- Build capacity in all personnel in identifying, recommending, and implementing positive change.
- Advise and recommend solutions to coverage issues detected.
- Encourage employees to participate in overtime hours as needed to meet production targets.
- Adjust personnel assignments as required to meet the current workload.
- Participate in production planning meetings to ensure on time deliveries are met.
- Relay all important information to the appropriate team leads and schedulers.
- Ensure performance management through providing ongoing coaching and feedback supported by systematic metrics and annual performance reviews. Initiate disciplinary procedures with the CNC Production Manager and implement them with the HR Manager.
- Training and Development
- Recommend goals for professional growth with the CNC Production Manager.
- After training has occurred, evaluate and document changes in performance.
- Reinforce training and development knowledge in daily operations.
- Prior CNC / Manufacturing experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task on a daily basis.
- The ability to follow through and ensure tasks get completed on time.
CNC Machine operator, all shifts
Pay $18 - $25 /hr (+) S/D (+) Paid lunch breaks = (Premium Shift Differentials Included: 10% - 2nd shift OR 20% - 3rd shift, on top of base pay)
Our CNC Machine Operators possess sound technical knowledge in all areas of machine operation AND set up. Our team is responsible for critically thinking, having a strong understanding of shop mathematics, working with engineering drawings, various types of precision measuring instruments including; verniers, calipers, micrometers, etc., as well as adherence to assembly drawings, and a precise focus on attention to detail. Having a familiarity with “macro programming”, is a plus! Candidates who are looking to enhance their skillset and thrive in a team atmosphere, within a smaller family-owned manufacturer, should contact our Human Resources team for additional details how to apply.
Job Qualifications/Experience & Technical Skills Required:
- 1-3 years’ experience with CNC machinery.
- Operate CNC machines; load and unload parts, minor machine offsets, minor tool changes, measure, and document quality records.
- Ensured specifications compliance of first run piece and spot check succeeding pieces.
- Verify machines settings and programmed control data for accuracy.
- Set controls and regulated speed, feed, coolant flow and angle of cut.
- Work to find the most practical ways to maximize value and time while meeting or exceeding requirements throughout manufacturing.
- Responsible for day-to-day maintaining a clean and organized workstation.
- Work in a safe manner at all times following established policies and procedures.
- Assist in other areas of manufacturing as required.
- HAAS experience, a PLUS!
Shift(s): 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts available (Includes PAID lunch breaks)
Starting Pay: $18.00 - $25.00p/h (depends on experience)
Shift Differential: 2nd = 10% of base pay & 3rd = 20% of base
High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
WHAT it's like to work with bete!
"COMPANY THAT CARES ABOUT ITS EMPLOYEES"
Shell Room / Foundry (Covid-19 layoff, Former Employee) - Greenfield, MA - May 25, 2021
"Not much else to say. Prime Example: When Covid-19 first hit, Bete Fog Nozzle sent all Factory employees home for 2 weeks WITH PAY, until they figured out the situation and how to handle it. That wasn't unemployment, that was BETE Fog Nozzle's money that they willingly paid to keep employees safe."
"UNDERSTAND HOW ALL THE DEPARTMENT VICE PRESIDENTS WORK TOGETHER. AND WHICH IS THE FAVORITE"
Product Engineer (Former Employee) - Greenfield, MA - March 5, 2020
"Its not fair to bash BETE . My co-workers and development department are first rate. This is a innovative company who produced a world renown product in small town greenfield. Good company to work for."
"TEAM ORIENTED AND FRIENDLY WORK ENVIRONMENT"
Team Member (Current Employee) - Greenfield, MA - June 13, 2019
"Team atmosphere makes for a less stressed work day and the employees all around are good to one another here and they show that because the management team and co-workers care about making sure that everyone works together well. BETE Fog Nozzle is also having a lot of success as a company, so growth opportunities are available! Like any company there are ups and downs, but over the years I've been here I've seen revenue triple and the employee base grow by a similar amount."
"VERY GOOD PLACE TO WORK. HOPE TO RETURN"
Machinist / Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) - Greenfield, MA - August 16, 2018
"Bete is a very good place to work, great programs and assistance. People are very friendly and helpful. Large break facility, in house gym and showers, company trips two a year."
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) - Greenfield, MA - November 21, 2016
"Bete Fog Nozzle is a fantastic company that is currently one of the top producers of industrial spray nozzles in North America.
The tight community is very welcoming and despite the size, feels like a small company with all the perks of a large company."